Superb, rare set of six wine glasses made by Stuart Crystal and still in the original presentation box with a hinged lid. Sold in the souvenir store on board RMS Mauretania, the glass bases are etched with the ships' name.
Mauretania (II) was built by Cammell Laird of Birkenhead and was the largest ship built in England at that time. She was also the first new ship delivered to the combined Cunard White Star Line. Mauretania was laid down on 24 May 1937 as Yard Number 1029. This new medium sized Cunarder was launched on 28 July 1938 by Lady Bates, wife of the Cunard White Star chairman. She was named Mauretania to honour the previous record breaking Mauretania which had been retired in 1935.
Please contact us for delivery costs and details.