This section of architrave was made for Titanic's 2nd sister, RMS Britannic and fitted to her Grand Staircase. However, during the 'fitting out' process, the ship was requisitioned by the British Government to serve as a hospital ship during WWI, resulting in her loss in the Aegean Sea in November 1915.
Her fixtures & fittings were sold off by Harland & Wolff after the conflict and this section was probably part of a consignment that was fitted into the 'A1' Bar in Belfast. Following its closure about 20 years ago, the pub was stripped out and the panelling, etc., from Britannic was again sold off.
Impressed on the back are the details of where this section was to be fitted on the ship (1st class Entrance Bridge Deck, Fore & Aft Starboard 433), making this an incredibly rare, opportunity to acquire a piece from the most famous and recognisable area of an 'Olympic Class' ship. The full pattern of the carving is visible in this (approx) 14" x 4" section.